Thursday, December 03, 2009

the eternal city

Just back from a trip to Rome, Italy... jeez that place is so beautiful I cannot tire of visiting!
I went with a friend who had never been before so I got to play tour guide too hehe, so yes we went to a few drinking holes!

Went to one establishment that is unembarrassingly touristy The Drunken Ship mosty frequented by students on gap years/ holidays looking to get trashed with their ragazzi! Only thing is I used to frequent it 10 years ago so my pilgrimage, while pleasantly nostalgic, made me feel a little old to say the least! lol

And I'm very proud to report that having got in a sizeable siesta I managed to stay out partying til sunrise! The only time recently I've seen that is from work as I'm quite the Breakfast shift lightweight these days, so you can imagine my surprise to be walking home to our hotel after 6am as the sun came up along deserted Roman streets... quality!

More pics will follow :)

No comments: