Tuesday, June 08, 2010

new old music

me and my man love a good music documentary we do...

the beeb are particularly good at making them and we seem to fill our digital recorder with these hour+ epics to enjoy on a rainy/ non rainy afternoon... and while watching these stories of music from yesteryear we think 'ooh we really should have more fleetwood mac/ ac/dc/ genesis etc" and a record store browse and buy sesh was organised because we are old and prefer a physical purchase rather than a 'download' - tsk such luddites hehe...

*** at this point may i just say that i had continued this blog and somehow google saw fit to log me out because i logged out of my email on a different account thereby deleting all my creative ramblings GRRRRR!***

we landed in HMV Bullring and had a few ideas of what we were looking for.. some solo early McCartney after listening to an old Fireman album and liking the guitars... some early Fleetwood Mac after my loving Oh Well... some Led Zepplin after reading of Pamela Des Barres exploits with the band... some Genesis because we love hearing I know what I like (In your wardrobe) on Planet Rock... the list continues but that will do for now, you get the gist of the situation.. this wasn't a list of people we'd no knowledge of, but stuff we felt deserved further investigation!

I worked in HMV many years ago on a Saturday in Basingstoke and absolutely loved being around music all day, before that I'd worked in some inde shops in Liverpool and was so pleased to be there... I can't say the same about the staff we met last week, but maybe music retail isn't as much fun as it used to be since digital took all the customers away...

But I digress... we came away with a veritable feast of listening pleasures including: AC/DC Back in Black, Genesis Selling England By The Pound, Paul McCartney & Wings Band On The Run, Jimmy Hendrix Are You Experienced, Led Zepplin Vol III, and a Fleetwood Mac album I can't remember the title of but features Oh Well... (Then Play On it is - I have recently listened to and loved!)

Absolutely loving AC/DC and Hendrix so it was a trip well spent, though haven't had a chance to listen to all in full - such is modern life and the demise of albums - who has time?! hehe

I am going to continue my education, I'm thinking some Talking Heads and Bob Dylan may be next on the list... and if you think I should hear an album just get in touch :)

No comments: