Thursday, March 16, 2006

those two little words everyone longs to hear

FREE BAR!

Oh yes, you'll be pleased to hear that thanks to my mate LB, I managed to blag my way into the XFM Manchester launch party at Harvey Nics last night and the free booze did flow...

This will be a short blog as I am suffering from fatigue and some other ill effects of my slice of rock'n'roll.

I managed to embarrass myself horribly when confronted with a celebrity who I am vaguely impressed with. That is not cool. But as I mentioned in my previous blog, I was very excited! This together with alcohol only ever leads to me gushing dramatically and enthusiastically. Whether that be declaring my love for someone I hardly know or, as in the case of last night, Paul Heaton of The Beautiful South. Oh dear. But I do have a beautiful kodak moment to remember this embarrassing moment by courtesy of the camera on my mobile phone. That reminds me of the time I met Steve Coogan and had a very similarly embarrassing moment. But I wasn't drunk then. Just incredibly excited cos the man's like a proper genius and I think the adrenlin created cuts of my brain's supply of whatever it is you need to 'stay cool' - haha.

I stayed out til after 2am (actual bedtime: unknown) which for a woman of my retiring years midweek is pretty rock'n'roll baby! The bus journey into work this morning was aided by: 1 pair of sunglasses, 1 small bottle of Highland Spring and 1 bag of Salt & Vinegar Discos. It wasn't too bad but the hangover hit proper at 3.29pm and I'm very glad it's nearly bedtime now I assure you!

And with that, I bid you a pleasant evening...

No comments: