Tuesday, March 14, 2006

To blog, or not to blog...

So when I originally thought about doing a blog it was a few years ago. I set up a site and wrote a fairly boring first entry and then promptly forgot all about it. Can't remember what I called it. What I wrote on it. Nothing. I just remember it being a very dull experience. But here I am again, full of optimism that I WILL enjoy writing a blog and that a tiny amount of the world's population (my mum, my dad, my boyfriend, my best mates) may, eventually, after muchos mentionistis from me, actually read it.

So committed to writing in this blog regularly it took me about 40 minutes to decide what to call it! Because make no mistake, this is a commitment and I am commitment phobe in general. So this is a big step for me. One small step for man. One giant leap for the Jodester. DON'T PANIC! in large friendly letters of course, if you didn't already know, is taken from the book title of one of my favourite ever radio series The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by the late Douglas Adams. I can't think of a better philosophy in life and yet need constantly reminding of it. I just started a new job and it's a bit scary. DON'T PANIC! I'm a size 14 but I love booze and chips too much to ever be thin ever again. DON'T PANIC! I'm 30! DON'T PANIC! You catch my drift.

Talking of favourite radio, I'm anxious and yet excited tonight as this is the eve before XFM Manchester launches. Now call me old fashioned but I don't accept that it's not cool to get excited about things anymore. I'd say the opposite is true. That barefacedly getting excited is keeping it real! Emotionally of course, not in a ghetto sense. That's a whole different blog. Back to my point. (There was one I think). I'm excited because XFM play my favourite kind of music. People playing guitars. So I'm anxious because I'm a big fan of XFM London which I've been happily listening to on my DAB radio for many years now that I've moved back Oop North. THEY MIGHT RUIN IT! But I'm excited cos they might not ruin it! Ooooooh. (That's me getting excited!) The suspense!
I am a little peeved already though cos my XFM DAB signal once crackle free is now not so and is partial to long bursts of complete silence! This had better not persist or they will get a very stern letter from a very stern me!

Well I'm exhausted after all this extra-curricular creativity so that'll do for now.

Will I ever write another entry?

DON'T PANIC!

Probably.

No comments: