Friday, February 08, 2008

mr blue sky

i am working on a feature called the Six at Six - i have to book guests who talk about their six favourite tunes, lovely stuff! but it got me thinking, and we all know how much i like a list...

so my Six at Six would be (in no particular order):
The Beatles/ Blackbird - love a good finger plucking i do...
ELO/ Mr Blue Sky - never fails to make me more cheery this one, and i just found out one of the guys at my new office used to be in the band! rock connections a gogo baby!
Bjork/ There's More To Life Than This - one of my all time fave tracks from the queen of quirky
The Boxtops/ The Letter - a great tune from the 60s and only a minute and 29seconds long!
Martha and the Vandellas/ Dancing in the Street - a party favourite
Nitin Sawhney/ Street Guru (Parts 1 & 2) - just cool as, telling it how it is, seek it out!

now i'm sure that this wouldn't be the same if you asked me in 2 weeks never mind 10 years but i see the Six at Six as a fluid ever changing thing, hehe

let me know your Six at Six!

1 comment:

Eugene Salomon said...

Also in no particular order:
As - Stevie Wonder
Take Five - Dave Brubeck
Help Me Rhonda - Beach Boys
Windmills of Your Mind - Dusty Springfield
America - Paul Simon
Overture to Carousel - Richard Rodgers