Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Xmas Giftage

Ah giftage the reason we all love Christmas haha

My stepdad gave me USB record player which can convert my records to digital audio via my mac... oooooh! fancypants! I love the crackle of vinyl me, looking fwd to playing with that over the next few days...


I got some new nice smellies (Gucci Rush and Paul Smith Rose), some booze (Kahlua for White Russians mmmm) and some DVDs to while away the winter nights...

I think it's a shame that giftage has become so obligatory tho, I mean I definitely have bought my nearest and dearest pointless stuff because it's the thought that counts... but the thought in those cases was almost always 'oh gawd what shall i get this person, i have to get them SOMETHING or they'll think i don't love them anymore' haha and how is that a good state of affairs? sure it works for the shops selling meaningless tack but getting my stepdad a xmas jumper just so i can give him something seems a bit shallow... surely we should just get our nearest and dearest presents whenever they present themselves! no matter the time of year... i don't mean to be a scrooge - sure spend time with families at Chrimbo if you can, it's nice to hang out for a few days and remember what you like and don't like about folk haha, but i reckon the gift pressure ruins the seasonal spirit...

that said we all like to receive presents so perhaps this is why we insist on buying gifts for other... cos we want to get lots back! lol

No comments: