Saturday, January 02, 2010

bangs and bongs (or nye 2009)


happy new year! it's twenty-ten! how futuristic does that sound?! lol

i spent my new year at Big Ben in Londinium with some friends as my man worked the wee hours thru xmas and new year... mulled wine and warm clothing was the order for the day as due to 'people management' the bridge we wanted to stand on was closing at 8pm or full capacity... now folks it don't take a genius to recall that a New Year strikes at midnight Dec 31st so that was a cold four hours we waited for them there fireworks! we literally hoped for Big Ben to bong some more so we could get back home to the warm and some champers and tea! lol

it was fun though and i'm a great believer that it ain't what you do - it's who you do it with that counts when it comes to these great landmarks in the year...

i been chatting to people about resolutions and the general consensus is that people make them but have no faith in making them work! what kind of a start to the year is that? well i suppose i should try and be better but i know i'll fail?! haha shut up! so my hopes for the new year are to continue my gym journey! a flat stomach for summer? why not! i did the Davina: Power of 3 DVD workout on Sunday - omg - my legs have been killing for two days! brilliant! i'll have thighs to die for any month now hehe

i want to pick up my guitar and try to write some songs for my soon to be new band featuring my very good friend Belle on bass.. we were thinking the breakfast club but its already taken, we really liked the rockettes but a troupe of dancers in new york seem to have that too... ruined! any suggestions?!

i want to go places i haven't been before, i managed to get to quite a few last year both inland and abroad! Lyme Regis, Pembroke, Oben, Poznan and Palma! hello airmiles! this year I'm thinking Amsterdam, New York, Paris, LA and Sydney... with some great British beach thrown in for good measure...

i want to learn how to make my own clothes, mini dresses and shopping bags would be perfect! i get thru so many! and i want to get some more Italian under my belt - I'm nearly 35 and I can't speak another language? how rubbish and typically English is that of me? Si, certo!

and finally... the snow has been big news this festive season - a white christmas no less, well not actually on christmas day (don't know how the bookies dodged that bullet! lol) but before, during and after! tonight i'm being sent to a hotel within walking distance of work so i don't get snowed in at home - its nice to feel wanted! lol and i'm happy to report that at 34 i have just bought my first thermals! and not to go skiing! just to put on and not take off until it stops ruddy snowing! i'm not built for this sort of weather!

No comments: