Friday, October 26, 2007

he did laugh


it's been the Manchester Comedy Festival this week and we all know what that means! haha
not much sleep for me! in fact I'm an official comedy volunteer! I've been getting feedback from comedy punters and bumping into the same people at different gigs which is quite amusing! it's a small crowd this comedy following...

so far I've seen many funny peeps including Toby Hadoke; Norman Lovett; Mundo Jazz - drugs are cool, but wrong! - Seymour Mace; Richard Herring; Jason Cook; Gary Morris; John Bishop and Rhod Gilbert... and there's more to come cos the festival runs til Monday! Woo!

Comedy is very much a generation thing - my mum doesn't understand why Ricky Gervais is funny, and I find it difficult to explain to her, if you don't laugh then it's not for you I guess... but what really made me laugh was my young friend Belle who didn't know who Richard Herring was when I excitedly told her I met him at the Frog and Bucket this week and was only interested to know if he was hot! Celebrity is certainly only in the eye of the beholder!
I don't think there's anything better to do of an evening than watch live comedy... unless it's very bad, then it's just painful... but when its good it's such a great night out! or night in - Larry David always makes me laugh if i'm feeling down after a hard day at the orifice...
<
Reader, may your weekend be filled with laughter - i know mine will be! : )

No comments: